A lot of things have happened since my last post here but I didn’t really feel like writing anything about them lately.
A small summary:
- we did the Region 1 SSB fieldday with the club station ON6CK/p (and came in second behind the OQ8A/p team)
- the belgian guys conquered Rockall, congrats to the team!
- the british guys decided not to go to Rockall. I don’t really understand the reasons, if all those who wanted to climb the Everest would have cancelled their plans because someone was there before them then only a few people would have done it. Moreover the pileups from Rockall will not be less for the second team going there than for the first one. And I still need EU189!
- I finally ordered a new transceiver!
- I modified my RTTY setup to do FSK instead of AFSK (with the FT990)
- I made a portable setup to take on holiday
The last 3 of the list will probably be the subjects of some future posts!
So what makes me write this in the last hours of CQ WW SSB? I’m at the qth of my girlfriend and to tired to set up the portable station. Wedding parties are probably more tiring than 24hrs of contesting 🙂 Moreover we have to leave for an other party in less than an hour.
My next contest is in 3 weeks from now… still some work to do (the 4 rotary switches problem, remember?)
One thought on “Writer’s block?”
What transceiver? Where transceiver? How transceiver?
And who plans a wedding in a contest weekend??? Some people have NO shame! 🙂