We have an other IOTA dxpedition planned! Have a look at www.eu105.be!
A lot of things have happened since my last post here but I didn’t really feel like writing anything about them lately.
A small summary:
- we did the Region 1 SSB fieldday with the club station ON6CK/p (and came in second behind the OQ8A/p team)
- the belgian guys conquered Rockall, congrats to the team!
- the british guys decided not to go to Rockall. I don’t really understand the reasons, if all those who wanted to climb the Everest would have cancelled their plans because someone was there before them then only a few people would have done it. Moreover the pileups from Rockall will not be less for the second team going there than for the first one. And I still need EU189!
- I finally ordered a new transceiver!
- I modified my RTTY setup to do FSK instead of AFSK (with the FT990)
- I made a portable setup to take on holiday
The last 3 of the list will probably be the subjects of some future posts!
So what makes me write this in the last hours of CQ WW SSB? I’m at the qth of my girlfriend and to tired to set up the portable station. Wedding parties are probably more tiring than 24hrs of contesting 🙂 Moreover we have to leave for an other party in less than an hour.
My next contest is in 3 weeks from now… still some work to do (the 4 rotary switches problem, remember?)
Kristin and I are on our way back from our holiday to Jersey. While on the ferry back from the island we saw the Minkies and I realised it is way to long ago that I went on a dxpedition. As you can see on the picture taken this afternoon by Kristin, the Minkies/les Minquiers are still there 🙂
Anyone organising a dxpedition and in need of an operator (SSB/digital)?
I recently got hold of some old pictures from our 1999: IOTA Contest EU065. Have a look here
I uploaded the photo gallery for our EU099 dxpedition last april. Useless to say we had lots of fun!
forgot to mention it yesterday, soon we’ll activate the Minkies Reef, eu099. Keep an eye on www.eu099.be
Hi, I just noticed it’s almost 2 years ago I wrote something on here… this site was the result of something that started as a joke between ONL Bart, Jan ON4KB and me.
After a while some of us got tired of updating our sites and when Jan stopped his site I had so many links to update that I got discouraged. Most of these faulty links are still on this site and if I ever find the time I’ll correct/remove them one by one.
Speaking of time, the K2 I worked on so frequently is now gathering dust since about 2 years (the main unit is finished and working, the SSB module is halfway built).
In these 2 years the relationship with my girlfriend grew stronger and stronger (life changes…) and I also took up sporting more and more. (Have a look at the picture, yes I bought a new bike and I still need to lose some weight)
This combined with the company I try to run gives me less and less time for ham radio.
But don’t worry, I’ll be back! Together with some other Ham’s we are
working on a DXpedition to a rare IOTA island planned for the first half of next year!